Mr. Mankin has been practicing real estate and business law for 39 years. Mr. Mankin has been very active in the East Bay legal community for more than 35 years. He served as the President of the Contra Costa County Bar Association in 1998.
He has also served as the President of the Real Estate Law Section and the Barristers Association, and has chaired the Fee Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Judicial Evaluation, and Legal Technology Committees of the Contra Costa Bar.
Mr. Mankin has also been a mediator for more than 20 years. He is currently a member of the Contra Costa Superior Court ADR Advisory Committee and of Contra Costa Mediation Society. He is currently the chair of the Contra Costa Bar ADR Section.
Private practice for 39 years emphasizing Real Estate and Business Law, both transactional and litigation.
- Sheldon & Mankin, 1983-Present
- Sheldon, Mankin, Dawson, & Greenfield, 1980-1983
- Law Offices of Peter A. Mankin, 1976-1980
- Law Offices of John Troxel and Gary Horn, San Francisco, 1973-1976
Mediator for 20 years.
Arbitrator and Referee/Receiver appointments.
A V Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, 1995-Present
- Barristers Investment Group/Barristers Realty, President, 1978-1990
- Barristers Exchange Corporation, Vice-President, 1987-2012 (§1031 Exchange Intermediary)
- Barristers Accomodator Services, Inc., President, 2000-2012
- Contra Costa Association of Realtors, Affiliate Member, 1988-2012
- University of California, at Berkeley, A.B., 1970
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Member, Law Review
COURT AND ADR ACTIVITIES
- California and Federal District Courts, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Real Estate Broker, State of California, 1978-1986
STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA
- Member, Contra Costa Superior Court ADR Oversight Committee, 2008-Present
- Judge Pro-Tem, Contra Costa County Superior and Municipal Courts, 1980-2010
- Member, Contra Costa and Alameda County Superior Court ADR Panel of Mediators, 1995-Present
- Named Northern California “Super Lawyer,” 2006-2014
- Member, California Dispute Resolution Council, 2008-Present
- Member, Contra Costa Mediation Society, 2008-Present
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, 2008-2011
- Chair, Mandatory Fee Arbitration and Mediation Committee, 1996
- Mediator & Arbitrator, State Bar Fee Arbitration Program
- President, 1998
- Chair, Fee Arbitration and Mediation Program, 1990-1997
- Co-Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, 1993-2006
- Real Estate Section President, 1990-1991
- Chair, ADR Section Board of Directors, 2014
- 20 years of mediation and arbitration experience
- Hundreds of mediations
- Many hours of mediator training
- Broad subject-matter experience in real estate, business, contract, construction and corporate disputes